This 16 Days Safari is for those who have more time to explore and discover Uganda, also known as ‘The Pearl of Africa’. This safari takes you through Uganda’s four Savannah parks of Kidepo Valley National Park in northeastern, Murchison Falls National Park in northern, Queen Elizabeth National Park and Lake Mburo National Park in southwestern Uganda. It offers you a chance for game drives and boat cruises. You will have a boat cruise in Murchison Falls National Park to the bottom of the magnificent Falls, a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel in Queen Elizabeth National Park, as well as a boat cruise in Lake Mburo National Park and a bonus Canoe ride on Lake Bunyonyi in Kabale district southwestern Uganda. These four Savannah National parks also offer the best of game drives with high chances of spotting thousands of antelopes, hippos, elephants, buffaloes, lions, leopards and so much more. The highlight of this tour is in the chance to trek the world’s Great Apes. You will trek chimps thrice in the different environments of Budogo Forest, Kyambura Gorge in Queen Elizabeth National Park and Kibale Forest National Park. The climax is definitely gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. To make sure that you also interact with the local communities around these national parks, we have several village and community walks that will take you to the nearby villages to learn more about the people and their cultures. By booking this 16 Days Best of Uganda Safari, you will definitely not regret.
Brief Itinerary of our 16 Day primate, game and cultural tour
- Day 01: Drive to Budongo Forest via Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary for Rhino tracking: Overnight at Budongo Eco Lodge on Full Board
- Day 02: Morning Chimpanzee trekking, lunch and visit to the top of the Falls: Overnight at Murchison River Lodge on Full Board
- Day 03: Morning game drive in Paraa and afternoon boat cruise to the bottom of the Falls. Overnight at Murchison River Lodge on Full Board Basis
- Day 04: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise to the Albert Delta: Overnight at Murchison River Lodge on Full Board Basis
- Day 05: Drive to Hoima Town for a cultural walk: Overnight at Kontik Hotel on Full Board
- Day 06: Drive to Kibale Forest National Park: Overnight at Rwenzori View Guest House on Full Board
- Day 07: Morning Chimpanzee trekking and Bigodi Village wetland and community walk. Overnight at Rwenzori View Guest House on Full Board
- Day 08: Drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park for an evening game drive in Mweya. Overnight at Bush Lodge or Buffalo resort on Full Board Basis
- Day 09: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel. Overnight at Bush Lodge or Buffalo Resort on Full Board basis
- Day 10: Morning Chimp trekking in Kyambura or Karinzu Eco-tourism site and an afternoon visit to Katwe salt mining site: Overnight at Bush Lodge or Buffalo Resort.
- Day 11: Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. Overnight at Broad Bill Forest Camp on Full Board
- Day 12: Gorilla tracking and village walk. Overnight at Broad Bill Forest Camp on Full Board Basis
- Day 13: Drive to Lake Bunyonyi for overnight at Crater Bay Cottages or Bird Nest Overseas Cottages on Full Board Basis
- Day 14: Canoeing and birding around Lake Bunyonyi: Overnight at Crater Bay Cottages or Bird Nest Overseas Cottages on Full Board Basis
- Day 15: Drive to Lake Mburo National Park via Igongo Cultural center arriving at the Park for an evening boat cruise on the Lake. Overnight at Lake Mburo Safari Lodge on Full Board
- Day 16: Early morning game drive and then transfer to Entebbe Airport via the Equator crossing. End of service.
What you need to know about our 16 Day Uganda Primate, game and cultural tour
- It can start any time on any date
- This safari is guided by our SOPs for the new normal Covid 19 post lockdown
- The tour is all inclusive with all activities, meals, Chimp and Gorilla permits, park fees, lodges, vehicle hire and guides fee. So, hidden costs are involved.
- Minimum number of participants is two people and maximum number is six people.
- Suitable for children aged 15 years and above.
- Safari starts and ends in Uganda
- You have an opportunity to trek Chimpanzees in Budongo Forest, Kibale National Park and Kyambura Gorge
- An opportunity to trek the endangered white Rhinos at Zziwa Rhino sanctuary
- You have an opportunity to trek chimpanzees in Budongo Forest, Kibale National Park and Kyambura Gorge
- You will visit three top National Parks in Uganda for game drives i.e. Murchison Falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park and Lake Mburo National National Park.
- You will enjoy four boat cruises on this tour. One on the River Nile in Murchison Falls National Park, another on Lake at Bunyonyi, in Lake Mburo National Park and on the Kazinga channel in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Zziwa Rhino sanctuary to visit the only remaining white rhinos in Uganda.
- If you enjoy walking safaris, a visit to the nearby villages will enable you to interact with the local communities and to learn the cultures of the local people in Uganda.
- You’ll be picked up from the airport (or hotel)
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost
Accepted credit cards
American Express, Visa, Euro/Mastercard, Diners ClubThe hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.